We understand what’s involved in conducting successful neurology clinical trials. From recruiting the right patients, to making sure their assessments are completed properly by trained experts, to ensuring all stakeholders involved are aligned, we have managed all these complexities and more across a range of challenging neurological study designs and difficult-to-recruit indications in neurology with a consistent record of delivering positive trial results.
Our 100% therapeutic alignment and Customer Relations Executive (CRE) model mean that everyone we dedicate to your study team, from executive leadership to clinical research associates (CRAs), is steeped in the intricacies of neurology studies and their successful execution, resulting in optimal project delivery and impact on sites.
We offer unsurpassed specialist expertise and top-tier talent.
Each neurology study team consists of board certified neurologist medical directors, doctorate and master’s levels clinical psychologists, and scientists with exceptional experience across the full range of neurological disorders including:
- Neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative pathophysiologies across all indications
- Rare and orphan diseases such as spinal muscular atrophy (SMA), Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS), Dravet syndrome and cervical dystonia (CD), myasthenia gravis (MG), and Tourette’s Syndrome
- Parkinson’s Disease, where we are an industry leader, with 28 studies across all phases enrolling 6,225 patients; and seizure disorders (48 studies enrolling 3,905 patients) – both over the last 5 years
No treatment modality is too complex.
- We have cutting-edge experience in disease modifying treatments (gene-, oligonucleotide-, immune-, and cell therapies) as well as symptomatic treatments.
- Syneos Health-guided positive pivotal studies have led to NDA/BLA/MAA approvals in PD, SMA, epilepsy, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, and narcolepsy; positive Proof-of-Concept Studies (POCs) have supported program progression in PD, SMA, epilepsy, MG, and DMD.
In addition, we have fully integrated internal rater training capabilities led by acknowledged thought leaders through our Clinical Surveillance and Training (CST) group.
Our site relationships are second to none.
We’re proud to be pioneers in recruiting patients for neurology studies, particularly those that are rare with hard-to-find patients. We are experienced in finding the right patients in key areas of focus, such as Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease, and in various care settings worldwide.
Syneos Health Neurology Rare Disease Experience in the Last Five Years
Rare disease clinical development presents very specific challenges that require an innovative approach in order to enable rapid access to treatment options for patients living with a rare disease. We understand the sense of urgency to accelerate development of rare disease medicines and to facilitate its access to these patients. This is why Syneos Health created a consortium of experts to support clinical development strategies tailored to specific rare diseases. Fifteen percent of the more than 500 trials run in rare indications by Syneos Health in the last five years have been in CNS rare diseases. This represents 65 trials recruiting more than 7.500 patients in rare neurological indications such as Huntington´s disease, SMA , Dravet syndrome or DMD.
Our therapeutic alignment means that we are able to engage with focus, passion and peer-to-peer scientific expertise to develop deep relationships with key opinion leaders, investigators and sites. This enables us to engage with the right sites to reach the right patients from day one, helping customers meet their recruitment targets faster, no matter how complex the trial.